The full schedule for the #GlobalPokerMasters has been released. Check out when the action will be livestreamed over March 21st and 22nd right here. Its going to be an action packed two days with play set to kick off at noon CET on March 21st at the Hilton Portomaso, Malta. Learn more about Global Poker Masters event timeline and competition schedule which has now been published on the official website. Check out exactly when we will crown our championship nation.
Next week, we will be kicking off the first-ever Global Poker Masters, a competition that we believe will be the first legitimate “Poker’s World Cup”. This competition will gather the best players from the top 8 poker nations, each with a team of 5 players who’ve qualified based on our GPI World Rankings – the poker ranking authority – via a 36 month-long process. Get ready for a unique action packed event with a special 30 second shot clock, 1 day of competitive playoffs and then a second day of final rounds before we crown our championship nation.
March 20th 2015
- 7:00 PM – Global Poker Masters Introduction Party
March 21st 2015
The Playoffs (Day 1)
- 12:00 AM – LiveStreaming of Global Poker Masters begins on Twitch.
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Player Introductions + Seat Draws For Opening Sit-n-Gos.
- 12:30 PM – 1:00 AM – The Playoffs Commence
- Playoff Round 1: 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Playoff Round 2: 3:15 PM – 5:45 PM
- Playoff Round 3: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Playoff Round 4: 8:45 PM – 11:15 PM
- Playoff Round 5: 11:30 PM – 1:00 AM
- 1:10 AM – 1:35 AM – All Point totals totaled, end-of-day team rankings announced and following are decided:
- Playoffs Winner – This team advances directly to The Semifinals & collects the Playoffs Winner’s Bonus.
- Playoffs Elimination – The Team which comes 8th in points is officially eliminated from the 2015 Global Poker Masters.
- Official Quarterfinals (Heads-Up Matches) Bracket Released – Bracket follows a standard ‘seed’ sports tournament structure based off of remaining Teams’ finishing positions at the conclusion of The Playoffs (w/ the exclusion of the Playoffs’ Winner – who receives a ‘bye’ directly into The Semifinals). Heads-Up Matches will be organized as such:
- 2nd place Team vs. 7th place Team (concurrent ‘best of 3’ Heads up matches)
- 3rd place Team vs. 6th place Team (concurrent ‘best of 3’ Heads up matches)
- 4th place Team vs. 5th place Team (concurrent ‘best of 3’ Heads up matches)
March 22nd 2015
The Quarterfinals (Day 2)
- 11:45 AM – 12:00 PM – Seat draws for Quarterfinal Heads-Up Matches:
- 2nd place Team vs. 7th place Team
- 3rd place Team vs. 6th place Team
- 4th place Team vs. 5th place Team
- 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM – Quarterfinals play begins. This is a single timed Heat – all Players will have 3 Hours total to finish
- 3:05 PM – 3:20 PM – Quarterfinals play concludes. All Point totals totalled and following announcements made:
- Quarterfinals Winners – These teams advance to The Semifinals (6-Max Final Table).
- Quarterfinals Elimination – The Team which comes 8th in points is officially eliminated from the 2015 Global Poker Masters.
The Semifinals (Day 2)
- 3:20 PM – 3:30 PM – Seat draws for the Semifinals.
- 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM – Semifinals play begins. This is a single timed Heat – players will have 4 Hours total to play. The Semifinals continue until:
- Scenario 1: Action is Heads-Up w/ 2 players left.
- Scenario 2: The 4 hour time limit for the Semifinals is reached. In this case the top 2 stacks will continue on to the Global Poker Masters Finals – with all other Teams Eliminated.
The Finals (Day 2):
- 7:30 PM – 7:45 PM – Seat draws for the Semifinals.
- 7:45 PM – End of Event – The Finals begin and run until one of the 2 remaining Teams’ players have won 3 out of 5 concurrent Heads-Up matches – this team is crowned Champion of the 2015 Global Poker Masters.